Sunday, July 5, 2009

twirling

I promise pictures tomorrow. Tonight I'm too tired. We got home and I'm just glad to be in my own little space.

I watched some little girls twirling around in dresses today and I was strongly reminded of when I used to do that. My aunt would make fabulous skirts and dresses for me that were spin-perfect.

I loved being swung around by my dad, tire swings, dancing with girlfriends, office chairs, all of it. I'd even twirl till my inner ear was in an uproar and I couldn't stand anymore and I'd lay there and watch the world spin around me. Over and over and over again.

I even semi-sort of sketched out a poem. It's been years since I've written poetry. I wonder if I'll have the time and interest to sort through it. If I do, I'll probably share it here at some point.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! And no need to have dready envy, just about anyone can aquire a lovely head of dreadies! :)

    ReplyDelete