Thursday, August 6, 2009

off with the old, on with the new-- project that is

Here's a shot of my earrings on my business cards for the party.
Necklaces and bracelets got 1/4 of a card!
And sistermine talked me into offering sale prices on a few older pieces.
Now the new!
The coat reached me today!
I opened the box and just sat with her on my lap for a few minutes feeling daunted and overwhelmed by how beautiful it already is!


Then I started pulling stuff out of my stash and piling it on. I rejected several bits and didn't totally decide on any of them. I don't want to jump the gun, so they're marinating a bit.


One thing that did strike me is that I have a few pieces that were gifts from artists (Dee Wilder or Malodora, Lisa Peters of LisaPetersArt and Marianne (Mak) Kasparian of MAKUstudio) whose beads I purchased. The idea of adding these elements pleases me greatly as it's a way to actually get more artists involved. Because the beads were not purchased but given to me it feels right to pass the bounty on-- almost like I was just holding them for awhile.

3 comments:

  1. how fun! Can't wait to see it when you're done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I am just so delighted that you are a part of this coat journey. It's magical, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete