Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Primitive Series Additions


Since I finished my latest beadwork project I decided to work up some of the wirework ideas floating around in my head.

The large thick spiral is a septum piece. Very bold and tribal. I got the idea from an African bone piece I saw in a picture. This one is smaller than that one is. But what does one do when ones eats?

The little horseshoe like piece could go in any piercing. I'll probably sell them by the pair too. They're so cute and perfect for leaving in all the time. It's also an adaption of a much thicker and larger ancient ethnic design.

The hoops are just a new version of my basic hoops, with three little handformed and hammered rings.

The other earrings are similar to the large septum spiral in basic design, but are much lighter and more delicate.

I've got a couple more ideas for hoops I'll probably work up tomorrow. I'll list all this too.

And an orange tube of Delicas that were absconded by cat months ago reappeared and a project that has been on hold since they disappeared can now go forward.

Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Your wirework looks cool. I have thought about doing wirework, just haven't gotten around to it. Glad you found the beads your kitty hid from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your wirework! Very strong, very bold but delicate too.

    ReplyDelete