Monday, July 21, 2008

Bead Art Originals


Something incredible happened to me a few days ago. Even as I write this I can barely believe it. I was asked to join a new street team on Etsy. Bead Art Originals (BAO)

So what?!

The women in this team are a talented, original and successful bunch! These women are published, these women do juried shows, these are business women and artists, women who refuse to spend 5 hours on a piece and sell it for $20, women I look up to. These women are good. Does that mean I'm good?
-
I entered a poetry contest once and downplayed the fact that I was a finalist by reasoning that the judges hadn't liked my poetry but they liked my accompanied statement. We all know that's ridiculous.
I feel the same way now. Like there's no way I deserve to be classed with this group.

I'm quite simply blown away to be included.
-
So far we have blog and a website. Feel free to visit and get acquainted with more members of BAO. I'm sure you'll recognize some of them. Perhaps the founding trio, Carol Dean Sharpe, aka SandFibers, MaryLou Holvenstot, aka time2cre8 and Regina Jiron, aka BeadJewelryShopgirl.
-
The BAO sites are beautifully put together and explain the purpose of the team.
-
I quote:
"Bead Art Originals consists of a select group of independent artisans, including both creators of art beads and creators of beadwoven art. Our focus is on the business and artistic growth of our members. We will use this corner of the web to introduce you to the individual artists, keep you informed of our group activities, and perhaps educate you about our art forms a little."
-
I have much to learn. I do so hope that the BAO Team is instrumental in the further growth and further success of each of its talented members.
-
These Treasuries feature some BAO and EBW members and others. You'll also notice the lovely little BAO badge on my blog page:)

6 comments:

  1. I feel exactly the same way about it. We are so lucky! Isn't it exciting? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Sarah. I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are as excited about the possibilities this presents as we are, Sarah! And, in case you're still wondering, YES, it does mean that we think you're good :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very awsome! Congrats! It's always so nice to feel proud of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah, I feel exactly the same way! I look at the work from the other artists in BAO and wonder what I'm doing there! I do know that being a part of this group will inspire me to be a better artist and to push my boundaries and comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all! It's funny to hear Melody and Anna say the same thing:) We're all so much alike aren't we?

    CD-- I'm obscenely excited:) For so many reasons. Not the least of which is the outright validation you just offered:D

    ReplyDelete