Friday, July 18, 2008

A Rose By Name

Fourth in my EBW Treasury Series on Etsy, A Rose By Name is for Anna Neff. Anna is the sweet and talented lady who first suggested that I join the EtsyBeadweavers.

Her shop, A Rose By Name, is named for her Grandmother, and indeed her precise weaving tends toward the classic and elegantly understated.

As I looked at all of Anna's lovely pieces her Harlequin Cuff Bracelet just jumped out at me because of the fantastic color combination.
-
I checked her favorites out and found a brilliant hand-dyed green scarf by EBW Teammate DantesSpirit and some fantastic photos. I was drawn to a blushing rose macro by terrifictagsstudio. I already knew I wanted roses so I was off to a great start!

I was pleased to find that we share a love for the wild abandon of Bohemianwhimsey's colorful glass, silk and lace jewelry and In Full Bloom was perfect color-wise. Also in her favorites I found Michal S' incredible Rumba focal bead.
-
She has quite a few beadweavers hearted of course! Sandfibers' elegant Gold and Turquoise Peyote Cuff jumped out at me. That made me think of time2cre8's new Evolutionary Cuff and I went to look at it again. Sure enough, the colors made it a go!
-
Now I needed more roses, but there were way too many to look through, so I narrowed it down to blue roses which offered FancifulFlair's clean, crystal blue watercolor and an unusual bracelet by lovesilver888. The bracelet wouldn't usually draw me, but it seemed perfect in this context.
-
Then it was straight for my own favorites. The Green Striped Lampwork Beads by TeaguesBeads set Anna's bracelet off perfectly and were a tad harlequin. To finish off that thought I nabbed a Kaleidoscope Castle print from Alison Whittington at paintandink. Alison does fantastic and original water colors. I have a set of logo designs that she did for me that I love.

For the last item I wanted something blush, feminine and rosy. Another EBW Team member, Nemeton, had the Marie Rose Collar that just sang in the final spot.

Does it work? It works! For Anna-- enjoy!
See it closer for a couple days here.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Sarah, for including my castle in your treasury -- it's a delight to be included with such wonderful items.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous treasury in honor of a talented and lovely beadweaver! Nice job, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for including my scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *Sniff, sniff!* It's beautiful and so thoughtful Sarah, I can't thank you enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for looking and commenting and for creating fabulous art that just *begs* to be shown off:)

    ReplyDelete