Monday, July 14, 2008

Excuses, Excuses

The merest effort at a blogpost today, or anything else for that matter. I've felt pretty lousy for week now and I gave completely in today by sleeping late and then reading all day. Nothing useful and edifying mind. Just Mary Stewart's My Brother Michael and Rose Cottage.
I've read them before. They're not my favorites by any means. There's still something soothing about a day spent rereading tales you've enjoyed before. You know the geography of the author's worlds, there's a sure and happy ending to be had and in Stewart's case the very language is enchanting.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Every once in a while I want to do something that doesn't take any thinking or effort.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was soooo behind everything in my Blog, but now I managed to spend some time with it.

    Please visit my Blog, I announced 5 prizes and you are one of the recipients.

    http://www.enchanted-beads.com/blog/

    ileana

    ReplyDelete