Tuesday, April 21, 2009

how to be a rock star


Dress the part of course!
The Red Carpet Challenge actually proved to open up a couple things I'd been thinking about for awhile.
I've been craving the polymer clay bird skulls by Malodora since I laid eyes on them *months* ago.


I've also frequently toyed with the idea of designing a beadwoven piece for a guy-- easier said than done!

The Red Carpet Challenge allowed me to think along the lines of designing for a guy, while working with-in my comfort zone.
Which happens to be designing outrageous over the top pieces that most men wouldn't be caught dead in.
I was initially thinking along the lines of pirates and Johny Depp.

But it quicky morphed into something more like a rock star would wear-- think Steven Tyler in leapord print or Keith Richards in silver monotones-- and this of course!
--
No, that's not my arm, in case you're wondering.
--

9 comments:

  1. It may be made for the rock star, but it is FANtastic :D Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THAT is really really great!!!!! I´m so impressed.
    Greetings from germany
    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! I'd wear that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is so cool!! I love the clasp, very awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen those great bird skull beads, too, and I love what you've thought up for a way to use them, very creative and slightly eerie, too, I wonder how they would look with a background of beads the same off-white color, would they look like a fossil bracelet? You have more patience in your little finger than I do in my whole universe, to do all that glorious beadweaving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure Lynn-- probably could get that effect-- but I think you'd have to use more than one color because most fossils are quite varied in color even on the same piece . . .
    As for the patience thing-- nah! We all have the patience to realize our visions right? You've taught yourself so many ways to create beauty-- I'm always amazed!

    Thank you all for your comments!!!

    ReplyDelete