Sunday, November 2, 2008

what do you say when you have nothing to say, or the barest effort at a decent post

And November 2nd finds me, at post # 136 with nothing to say. I try to have a small backlog of interesting subjects for days like this, when nothing comes to mind, but I've run out of those this week!

I think I may need a nap. It's only 3:30, but the overcast sky makes it look like 7:30 and staring at a blank computer screen waiting for inspiration is really exhausting!

Well, honestly, I don't exactly stare at the blank computer screen. I open it up, sit it in my lap and pick up a book and read, waiting for inspiration. I'm reading, among other things, poemcrazy: freeing your life with words by Susan Goldsmith Wooldridge. If you like words you'd like this. It's worth a read for sure. She has a way with them (words).

She recommends, of all things, collecting words, which I think is pretty cool.

But when you really need a nap even that becomes heavy going.

I'm trying to work out my Snow Queen project without getting too shiny and glitzy and all said project wants to do is shine and glitz! Bad project! No thread! (Or, no more than it's already had, little piggy scrap!)

Recommended Daily Dose of Art, sans shine and glitz: awash

It's the time change. I'm delerious.

No comments:

Post a Comment