Wednesday, December 17, 2008

the wearable art market

"Wearable art, also known as Artwear or "art to wear", refers to individually designed pieces of (usually) hand-made clothing or jewelry created as fine or expressive art. While the making of any article of clothing or other wearable object typically involves aesthetic considerations, the term wearable art implies that the work is intended to be accepted as a serious and unique artistic creation or statement. Pieces may be sold and/or exhibited." -- Wikipedia
I adore wearable art. I love art, I love making a statement. I was thrilled to be accepted into the Wearable Art Market at 1000Markets.
Today I want to introduce you to a few of the members-- rather their work!
Come visit the Market and check back tomorrow for a peek at the rest of the group!

4 comments:

  1. wow! so eyecatching and lovely. Nice selection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm waiting for my acceptance (or aghast! rejection) to the Wearable Art Market. What great company to be in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for mentioning me in your blog...why didn't i think of that!!! maybe it's because i'm not that confident with my picture transport skills nor do i keep up with my entries...darn! i want to grow up and be just like you!

    i'm so disorganized i haven't been checking into '1000 markets' to keep up with my fellow members...my bad!

    i put your blog on my blog list...sort of like when i put pics of fitness models to help me remember where my waistline was...if you're on my list, maybe i'll be inspired to keep up with '1k' and my blog...see u in the market..ellen aka: streetnoodles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for mentioning Wearable Art (and me ) and these other fine artisans. I am so proud to be a part of this.

    ReplyDelete