Sunday, December 28, 2008

a bit at a time

What to report today? Well, Friday another one of my Treasuries was chosen for the Front Page of Etsy. That's always fun!
And it encouraged me to make another, i think about you, sometimes




I'm trying to make small improvements in my shop. I got a new banner, hopefully a bit of a fresher look.



I made myself a little thank you graphic using a lily that I commission Alison at paintandink to draw for me last year.



I'm currently in the market to get gift certificates designed! That will make it easier to phrase giveaway offers and publicize them! And hopefully make my shop more gift friendly.

Something I'm contemplating is gift wrap and expedited shipping.

On Etsy you're not supposed to sell a listing just for shipping. So what does one do to offer it? I have just put an announcement up that said something like, "If an item is being shipped 1st Class and you want to have it shipped Priority Mail, please purchase but do not pay. Instead, put a note about Priority Mail in notes to seller and wait for a revised invoice via Paypal."

Well and good, but none too smooth. What I'm thinking is that if I offer a gift box/wrap listing someone could buy their earrings and the box and get Priority Mail.

Problem is depending on the piece, I box it anyway. Or bag it.

It's a dilemma!

No comments:

Post a Comment