Saturday, January 10, 2009

hands of an artist: Carol Dean Sharpe

My hands post seemed well received so I asked a select group of artists for their own thoughts.
The triangle goddess Carol Dean Sharpe is part of Bead Art Originals.
Here is what she had to say:
--
I've always had to have something to do with my hands: knitting, cross stitching, crocheting, writing, beading, sewing, braiding, knotting, and (ashamedly for a very long time but no longer) smoking. I used to even read with a pen in hand to annotate whenever and however I wanted.

While these hands have never been beautiful or strong, they have been productive. I would be lost without them.

Youthful Spirit reminds me of the 60s and flower power and "don't trust anyone over 30" -- everything about youth.
The focal raku art bead was created by Lisa Peters of LisaPetersArt.com. Everything else was put together by me, Carol Dean Sharpe (aka Sand Fibers).
I am beyond thrilled with how this turned out.


3 comments:

  1. Lovely necklace. A wonderful mix of materials. - CT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful necklace, Such interesting texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! The colors work so beautifully together!

    ReplyDelete