Saturday, March 21, 2009

another primitive series offering

The Primitive Series is a bit of an odd duck.



I got the basic idea from visiting museums-- gotta love the jewelry in them!! You see all these amazing pieces that are 4000 years old and and you think, "This should not be behind glass. I should be wearing this. We should *all* be wearing this!"



I scratched some designs out in eyeliner (back when I wore the stuff) when we went to the Met.



When sistermine got married I actually made my very first pair of Primitive Series earrings for her second holes-- two years later and she hasn't taken them out-- then I started selling them on Etsy and they whole series has grown from there.



Much of it in response to customer needs and requests.

This is the latest offering-- the kumah bangle. This is the second one and it's in my shops. The proto-type was made for a friend who likes blue and green and travelling. I hope she likes her bangle!



I never got the point of those little coiling gizmos till today-- if kumah sells and I make more I may have to invest in one because that is alot of wear and tear on the wrists!

I love the simplicity of it and the African beads and they'd be great piled in fives on each wrist!

4 comments:

  1. I really like the colors of the stones - very oceanic.

    Your whole primitive series is so nice, one overarching theme with lots and lots of different ideas.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, this had to be by you! Wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She LOVES her bangle, as you know, but she wants the world to know how much she loves it :) It's wonderful!

    (She's just a little behind on blog-reading, as usual. And signing in under the wrong name, too, as usual!)

    ReplyDelete