Saturday, March 28, 2009

don't blame me

World, meet Rip. Rip, thankfully doesn't have to meet the world-- he's a bit nuerotic . . .

It's really not my fault that I can never get anything done! I've got one hand for coffee and one for the computer right? Not!
And it is supposedly a laptop-- I can sometimes perch it on the edge of my knees . . . otherwise it's kind of off to the side and I have to twist to reach it . . .

The good thing, I guess, is that when I'm actually trying to make something he usually can't stand all the moving around and leaves. Usually . . .

And despite appearences he's really not into guilt trips-- quite forgiving actually-- and he fortunately likes everyone else's lap too. When I annoy him too much he'll go find someplace more comfortable.

But that frequently results in someone more comfortable saying, "Sarah, why don't you pet your cat?" You can tell that he's really starved for attention, poor thing.

15 comments:

  1. Rip's pretty adorable! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man, Rip is the cutest! He looks like he is wearing a fancy toupée - very stylish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a cutie. I'm a cat person so give Rip a cuddle for me.

    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is so sweet! I want to hold him on my lap too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy-- his tail is black too:)

    Will do Carolyn:)

    Melody, he'd like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww....he is just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how I miss my dearly departed lap kitty! Really, count your blessings that he adores you so much! My new kitty only wants to love on me when it's food related. Then I'm the most special person in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, i wish patches would sit in my lap like she used to! i miss it.
    he is sooooo sweet and adorable.
    lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is Duni:)

    Doreen-- they're all different aren't they? Rip used to spend hours in my lap when he was a kitten. I think that's why laps are his favorite spots. He's not too into food. Of all of our kitties he's the least interested in food. We used to have one that we joked that his name should have been the sound the refrigerator door makes when it opens. He was a real foodie!

    That he is Amber:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He's adorable. I too miss my lap kitty. Only one of my four gets in my lap and not often enough. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is so adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rip is adorable. Love his cute little face and expressions!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He's so intent looking!

    My cat wants nothing to do with people's laps. In fact, he rarely wants to be touched, except maybe a little rub on the cheeks. But he will sit three feet away and stare at us, and if we don't look back from time to time, he leaves in a huff. So strange!

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's pretty intense:) One thing I love about cats is how widely their personalities vary:)

    ReplyDelete