Friday, February 13, 2009

road trip day 10-- as promised (finally)



Tomorrow we start back. I slept really late today as I haven't been getting too much rest. Not that I'm complaining. It's been awesome-- but I felt the need to refresh a bit in light of the coming trip home . . .

Grand Canyon . . . If you've never seen it, just imagine how big you think it is and quadruple that. It's *amazing*. I think that it shouldn't be called a canyon, seriously, they should coin a word for it.

It's a different world.

I wouldn't mind seeing it again, maybe a different part, sans ice. I slipped and nearly killed myself-- no harm done. They have burro tours and all sorts of cool things, but I need warmer weather for that!










Here are the shots of my new bead stash! I easily doubled what I currently have-- maybe more. I feel like I should open a bead store!

Now I get to pack it all up again for the trip home! Yay, me!






I have some shots on Flickr of Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona which are nice too!



7 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What a STASH!!!!! mmmm...some good things to come...can't wait :) (love that shot with the raven)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess this definitely gets written off as a "business trip" :D What a wonderful stash! And your photographs of The Canyon are amazing, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in AWE!!! Thanks for sharing your trip. My daughter and I have been talking about going to the Grand Canyon. It's officially on the list. Quite a sight. And as far as all your gorgeous beads - I keep having this IKEA commercial flash across my mind - "Quick - start the car . . . " :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the beads and the crow or raven at the Grand Canyon. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sweet stash!

    i think everyone should see the grand canyon. it defies description. your pics are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures! I've been to the Grand Canyon a couple of times, and it's just an unbelievable place.

    Glad you had a good time. I'm amazed you haven't already begun creating with your new stash of beads!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's marvelous that the colors in your Grand Canyon photos match the colors in your beads.

    I know how easy it is to almost die at the Grand Canyon. My stomach flipped over when I read that paragraph! Just thinking about it, I am getting dizzy. I'm glad you are okay!!

    ReplyDelete