Sunday, October 26, 2008

one dream down . . .

Achievement is a strange thing. I think part of the reason that I lack ambition is because I'm almost-- not quite completely, but enough-- ambivalent to success.

I realized a dream today-- one that's been in my head for over a year. When I found the Treasuries on Etsy I immediately loved them. It took awhile to figure out how to get one, but now I get them regularly. I love the hunt, gathering wonderful things to go in them, whether I'm just fooling around and something grabs me or whether I'm looking for *the* final piece of the 12.


I love arranging them them to give more weight here, or add space there. I love the comments. And I think I'm pretty good at the whole curation thing. So since my first Treasury I've coveted the Front Page.

Yesterday I plopped down in the chair, typed Etsy in the search bar, and voila! I'm looking at my Treasury! What was almost equally exciting was a comment by someone who said they like the EBW/BAO treasuries. I use each subtitle to say that-- just in case someone likes the work of either or both teams-- but I never knew if anyone even noticed. Now I know they do!

Anyway that mild euphoria was quickly replaced with a slight buzz near my atlas-- or maybe that's a headache.

Without farther ado, in case you missed it-- Chocolate and Old Books:

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Front Page. I think that is all our goals when we do them. I am glad you got one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gorgeous treasury and definitely deserved front page!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on your front page!! well deserved, it's a gorgeous list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats! What a lovely treasury!

    ReplyDelete