Sunday, October 5, 2008

Winner and EBW November Challenge Theme: Ancestral Expressions

Deb of beadsandblooms came up with a real winner of a theme! Ancestral Expressions. I've got Seminole and Irish in me, plus German and English, and I don't really know what else!


I'm thinking of going some deeper though-- or farther back-- Cave Drawings are assuredly Ancestral Expressions, and I've always found them fascinating.

Yesterday Ella Parry convoed me about featuring one of my beadwoven cuffs on her blog, The Illustration Loft. Thanks Ella!


Also, last night was the end of my very first blog giveaway! I was completely thrilled by the response. I've read over each comment several times and it gave me lots of food for thought. The first and easiest suggestion to institute was to add pictures to each post-- and I've worked on it. I'll work on the rest too-- a little at a time.

I appreciate each one of you who took the time to give me some feedback and I wish I could give something to each of you. Well I can, sort of. For each of the 30 of you that commented on my 100th post, I'll give you free shipping on any order from thebeadedlily. That offer is good till the 13th and in combination with other offers. To take advantage of it just add '#100FS' to the notes to seller field in Etsy checkout.


Now! The winner is LoveEtsyFeedback TagsAndButtons. I've already contacted her to let her know. Again, thanks to you all!


Remember that there's still a giveaway going on! My Collage pendant is still up for grabs. All you have to do to enter to win is sign up for the BAO newsletter here.
--
The BAO Trunk Show is the 9th, 7 to 9pm EST-- with awesome deals and better giveaways included! It's at the Virtual Labs on Etsy. From 5 to midnight on the 9th and beadwoven purchases from thebeadedlily get free shipping and a free gift.


The Georgia Etsy Team Sale runs from the 10th to the 13th on Etsy. I'll be offering 10% off everything. Search GAEtsyTeam on Etsy for other great specials.


The local Savannah Market Bazaar is on the 11th. come on out and see me!

3 comments:

  1. Have you read Dawn of Art: The Chauvet Cave? It's the most incredible cave painting book EVER. Says me. :-)

    Here's a link to the book on Amazon, though I think every public library in the universe has a copy:

    http://tiny.cc/FEJyD

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like an interesting concept for the challenge. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    Congratulations to the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melody! Nope-- I've just been looking at pictures online, so far and trying to wrpa my mind around an actual plan:)

    ReplyDelete