Monday, October 27, 2008

picture post

Bead Art Originals, Items of the Week includes my latest cuff, Hands Against Time, with free shipping!



Here's a selection of lovely pieces from curators who had the dazzling good taste to feature thebeadedlily in their Treasuries this week! Enjoy! Rainbow Bracelet (OOAK) by ThesePreciousThings





Offset Squares Herringbone Cuff by njema


That Vintage Pair Of Birds - Pendant Necklace by sophiehillartist


Frederick Oyster Necklace by Muntedkowhai

and not to forget eclectibles, though they have nothing in their Etsy shop presently!

Also I heard from Alison over at The Explorer's Notebook regarding her meme that I just did on books. She offered a personalized book recommendation to everyone who wanted it and this is what she said:

Aha, I had hoped to read more of your blog, all the way through, but I'm out of time, so here are my recommendations (and by the way, I loved Alistair MacLean's books when I was a teen, and had completely forgotten about him until now...):


Tigana, by Guy Gavriel Kay (Sword-and-sorcery fantasy thriller, heavy on the international intrigue and light on the gooey fantasy, i.e. made-up words)
Parable of the Sower, by Octavia Butler (somewhat fast-paced, post-apocalyptic sci-fi with a very strong female protagonist and religious overtones, not always agreeable but always interesting)

I have lots of other possibilities on my list, but let me know what you think of these recommendations first, and if you've already read them, I'll come up with more.

Thanks Alison!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring my Rainbow Bracelet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look so beautiful. I wish i could aford to buy them all.

    ReplyDelete